Tuesday, April 18, 2006

You Know Who ELse Is BLack Star? Who? Me.


I would like to just take this moment to profess my love and admiration to Black Star..and for the ignant folks..Mos Def and Talib Kweli..they are amazing and I still waiting for their damn sophmore album which was supposed to be out like.. now! But it's aiight because I'm not so sure I'm ready to take Thieves of The Night off repeat.

They say money’s the root of all evil but I can’t tell
You know what I mean, pesos, francs, yens, cowrie shells, dollar bills
Or is it the mindstate that’s ill?
Creating crime rates to fill the new prisons they build
Over money and religion there’s more blood to spill
The wounds of slaves in cotton fields that never heal
What’s the deal?
A lot of cats who buy records are straight broke
But my language universal they be recitin my quotes
While r&b singers hit bad notes, we rock the boat
Of thought, that my man louis’ statements just provoked
Caught up, in conversations of our personal worth
Brought up, through endangered species status on the planet earth
Survival tactics means, bustin gats to prove you hard
Your firearms are too short to box with god
Without faith, all of that is illusionary
Raise my son, no vindication of manhood necessary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home